Wednesday, May 12, 2010

God, Please give me more time

V FINALLY watched this series after I raved about it for years to her and talking to her about it brought me back memories of it. I think I watched this when I was 18 or so, and it was so touching and really well done that it became one of the best dramas I've ever seen.

It's about this girl Masaki who saved up a lot of money to watch the concert of a composer she really admires.  She leaves her purse in the phone booth and it's stolen, along with all the money she saved to buy the ticket.  The concert is only a few days away, and she gets influenced by other girls around her age (at that time, this was, and still is, a big problem in Japan) to sell her body to get cash.  Unfortunately, the man she sleeps with has AIDs because he's been sleeping around, and passes it to her.

She ends up meeting Keigo (the composer) after his concert by running up the bridge in front of his car and holding up a huge sign she made for him.  And then their relationship starts. However, as her friends and family finds out she has AIDs, she loses everyone close to her and has to find the strength to keep living on.  At the same time, the paparazzi is following Keigo around, and his singer is in love with him.... and he has to figure out whats more important to him.

I think what makes the story good is that the acting was superb and Kyoko Fukada (who plays Masaki) was only 17 at the time (same age as the character).  And Takeshi Kaneshiro (half Taiwanese/Japanese) was good at playing Keigo, of course.

I used to listen to the theme songs over and over and over.  I don't think they make dramas like this anymore.

Opening Song
 (I for You by Luna Sea)



Drama Theme
(In The Sky by Kudo Shizuka)




Of course, when  I was 18, I was so amazed after watching this that people could love each other so much.
lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment