Friday, August 26, 2011

Packed up and ready to go?

The movers came yesterday and helped me box everything up.  Xiao Mei and I have been working on categorizing everything several days before so it'd be easier for the movers to pack.  I've always known I keep a lot of sentimental crap and this time I really tried hard to throw things away but alas... it was easier to say, "Yeah, just ship that...."

Either way, I found a lot of old pictures, letters, XMAS cards, NY cards, and some gifts. Not sure what to do with those. Sometimes you find old things that used to be so so important to you -- and then one day you find them again and you think, "Ah, well.  These have become bad memories."  I'm not sure if I should keep the good or chuck it with the bad.  It's hard to think that they are important still, especially when the person who gave it to you showed you they weren't important anymore.  I guess with all material things it really is up to the person, isn't it.  It was only important when it was important to both of you.  I also found a bunch of XMAS cards from my cousins. They all sent me cards the first year I was living here, thinking I'd be back. After that, I moved around so much they stopped sending them because they couldn't keep track.  haha. Well, that's about to change soon since I'm going home.

I can't even begin to imagine what life will be like after all of this.  I don't even know where I'm going to sleep the first night since I have no bed.  I guess I'm going to have to borrow a sleeping bag from someone ... also buy a bed ASAP and some pillows.  Wow.

Thinking about this -- it's so crazy.  I shipped all my boxes (15) and now my apartment is pretty much empty.
All I will have left when I land in the US is 2 suitcases and my laptop.  I won't even have a chair in my new bedroom.

What you really only ever have is just yourself.

Life is so crazy.



No comments:

Post a Comment