Monday, August 22, 2011

A few weeks left

Went to dinner with Rie tonight.  I haven't seen her for a long time.  She's such a nice person.  I wish I spent more time with her -- but with her work schedule and my work location it was virtually impossible.  She took a job that required her to travel to Suzhou at least 1x a week so she's always on a train when I'm free for dinner.

We talked for about four hours today, and finally caught up on everything. I don't know what it is, but when a person cries for you -- it's still kind of shocking.  I saw her eyes redden and her tears well up and I thought, "Wow... we don't see each other much but she really cares for me."  I have always had some super awesome Japanese friends.  Even my Japanese friends in Tokyo -- I may not see them for 1-2 years but when I do, they always have these little goodie bags of things they know I like. Seiko always buys me chocolate or something green.  Emi always gives me a postcard of some temple or some picture of something I like. Ide always makes time for me, no matter what.  Jun and MoriMori always come see me and hang out no matter how busy they are.  It's this Japanese loyalty and action of friendship that I've always treasured and kept so close to my heart. It makes me want to give the world to them.  Because the world is too cold these days and it needs all the love it can get.  When my friends show me love like that it makes me think the world is such a wonderful place, that people could be so selfless.  It makes me always buy them little gifts that I know they love from Shanghai as well. It's not how big or expensive it is, it's the thought that counts.  And it's what knowing what will please them, that counts.

Once Seiko got me a little Lilo and Stitch keychain. She told me that she always felt she was Lilo and that I was Stitch.  She said I'm a crazy anime character but I always make her so happy.

Man, I miss my friends. I wish I could be around them all the time, everyday.
I think one of my greatest assets, or one of my luckiest things in life is that I really meet some super awesome people.

No comments:

Post a Comment