Saturday, May 14, 2011

Tai Chi is good for the soul

I've been taking Tai Chi on and off for a few months, only because I feel like I need to calm down my Chi and get it to circulate better.  Some people don't believe Chinese Wushu has anything to do with Chi, but I think it does.  To get a better peace of mind, I decided to look into Tai Chi sword. 


Usually I take Long Fist or Straight Sword during my classes, but I saw a Tai Chi sword class and it didn't look bad. And since I've taken Wushu for several years, I was looking at the Sifu and he definitely knows his stuff.  So I ventured in there today and w00t! I really loved it! Not only that, but he was pretty happy to get a student who knows Wushu, so he sped up some of the forms and also taught me Tai Chi Fan.  I love Tai Chi Fan.  It's faster than Tai Chi Sword or Fist, and it has some of the powerful Wushu moves in there.  Loves it.  I'm hoping that taking these classes will help me in my main Wushu class. I've been working hard on getting back some more flexibility.

I think I'll be going back.

The funny thing is the Sifu said, "I could tell when you walked in that you have studied Wushu before.  I can always tell who has been trained and who is completely new." 

Yay!!!!!  That motivates me to keep working harder on being healthy and focusing my energy and concentration. I have so much stress lately that I need to focus all of that energy somewhere, so that I can remove it from my daily life.... or at least let it out all at once. Stress is toxic, you know.  There is one Chinese girl in there that's pretty good, but it's because she memorized the entire 40 moves.  I'll memorize it over time and I'm hoping with my background I can get my techniques better because they look like they're going through movements. I want to look like I'm really doing Tai Chi Kung Fu, not just going through the poses. Otherwise, all my years of practicing would have gone to waste.


No comments:

Post a Comment