Thursday, November 11, 2010

Bliss

Appropriately titled, this little lounge on Jin Xian lu kind of serves as a little after work escape for me.  I have been rarely out and about in this area for a long time, but since I haven't seen the girls in awhile I felt I'd show up for dinner. Plus, a mutual friend was visiting so a dinner was set up.

I know I haven't left yet but I'm already starting to miss all these little conveniences.  It must be a similar lifestyle in New York, where you can just take a taxi anywhere you want and not have to worry about driving, traffic, or parking.

Everyone at dinner today has work that is somewhat related with technology and trends. It seems somewhat of a given... since we did grow up in this generation. I read an article lately about how your job is most likely obsolete if you're not proficient with a computer.  Ain't that the truth.

I don't even think I can separate myself from one for more than a few hours.

Work has been pretty crazy lately.  When I get in the morning, I feel like my soul has been sucked dry by 2p.m.  I sometimes wonder how other people's days are.  I know we're a busy company, but it's so hard to explain the different kind of "busy" we are... versus... advertising, or marketing, or events.

I'm constantly looking at technology and trying to see if things can work with each other. I guess its 24 hour problem solving.  I hated word problems during math class, and I hate the Rubiks cube, as well. Maybe thats why my brain is so tired by 2p.m.

Which is why I'm even happier there are places like Bliss.  I can just sit down, talk to my friends, and relax.  De-stress, chill, unwind a bit before I go home and go to bed, and wake up and tackle the same thing all over again the next day.

Sure it's fun living in a big city.  But with your family all overseas, it's hard to unwind by yourself sometimes.  That annoying feeling called "loneliness" kind of fucks it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment