Saturday, October 9, 2010

Moganshan

I went away, far from the city for a few days this past week.  I saw a lot of old, poor people in homes, living in pretty bad situations.    But perhaps they were happy?  I saw lots of old ladies just sitting there watching their old black and white TVs, watching old war movies.  Reminded me of my grandma, when she was still here.  We would watch "Liang Shan Bo Yu Zhu Ying Tai (Butterfly Lovers)" over and over everyday. She would sing along, too. 

Moganshan is famous for its bamboo.  I was hoping to run around in it, but they were so densely populated that I would have been difficult to manuever.  I did almost go down the bamboo hiking path but with the ground so slippery and covered with weeds I was afraid I'd fall down the mountain and never be found.  I'll upload some photos later, when I have time.

There were a lot of other trees mixed in with the bamboo, but this is what it looked like, for the most part:



I needed some time away to do some thinking, to clear up my mind a little... I think I've figured out what has been frustrating me, and what I've been scared of so I couldn't make my move.  Now that I know what it is... I still don't know what to do.  /sigh

1 comment:

  1. it's okay...we all take time to figure ourselves out. And when it's the right timing, you'll know. <3 you.

    ReplyDelete